If you are ever in the mood to combine seafood with pasta, perhaps you might enjoy following a recipe suggested by Red Lobster and prepare a penne pasta dish combining lobster meat, shrimp, and asparagus. The recipe suggestion below serves four people.
You will need seven ingredients, including lobster meat, medium shrimp, penne pasta, asparagus, Alfredo sauce, a garlic butter sauce, and parmesan cheese.
To serve a party of four, the suggested amounts of the above seven ingredients are as follows:
– 6 ounces of lobster meat, cut into chucks between one-half to three-quarter inches
– 6 ounces of raw and peeled medium shrimp
– 1 pound of penne pasta (cooked)
– 4 ounces of standard-sized asparagus (about 24 spears)
– 1 bottle of Alfredo Sauce
– 2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Butter Spread
– Grated parmesan cheese
Once you have gathered your ingredients, it is time to prepare your meal. Red Lobster suggests the following 10-step process to prepare a Lobster-Shrimp-Asparagus Pasta for four people:
– First, wash the asparagus and cut off the woody ends.
– Next, cut the asparagus into small pieces, about one inch in size.
– Once the asparagus is cleaned and cut, place it into boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
– After 2 minutes, drain the water and chill the just-boiled asparagus in ice water (with the stove off). Drain again.
– Cook the penne pasta.
– Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then chill in ice water (with the stove off). Drain again.
– Melt two tablespoons of roasted garlic butter in a hot sauté pan.
– Once the butter is melted, add the lobster meat and shrimp. Cook until the shrimp is opaque.
– When the shrimp becomes opaque, add the asparagus, pasta, and Alfredo Sauce. Cook until everything is properly heated.
– Once fully heated, serve the pasta in a dish and dress with grated parmesan cheese.
While the above suggestion can serve up to four people, feel free to adjust the amounts of ingredients used to best accommodate your party size.
According to tastebook.com, this dish with the ingredients and preparation described above requires about 15 minutes of prep time and another 25 minutes to cook.
Other ingredients to enhance the suggestion above include any combination of ripe tomatoes, red onions, button mushrooms, olive oil, chopped garlic cloves, butter, heavy cream, and milk.